30 July 2013

Preview: Wild Timor Coffee

L-R Eddie, Cameron, Michael, Tom and Shannon. Owners of Let Me Be Frank (Eddie and Michael) have put their faith in WILD TIMOR COFFEE, a fledgling coffee company determined to make a difference...

Yesterday I met the team behind WILD TIMOR COFFEE at Let Me Be Frank (cafe, South Melbourne) who were the first cafe to take on  WILD TIMOR COFFEE.

This is an exciting time for these guys, and it was great to meet them at this early stage. So far much of their efforts have been in forging the way for that first one-ton shipment growing wild in the mountain regions of Maubisse and Aileu to your flat white, perfectly executed by Eddie at LMBF.


This journey involved large helpings of  red tape from local authorities and on-going education of the local farmers who until now have been paid poorly for their coffee and have had no motivation to improve their farming practices. This first shipment arrived in November 2012.


The WILD TIMOR team is not long back from spending last month in Timor assisting the farmers in the harvest and organising the crops' subsequent 2nd shipment to Australia.


There is so much to say - and some funny stories too! I will stop now and you can read the full story in Espresso Tales Volume Two, due out in November. Meanwhile WILD TIMOR COFFEE can be found every Sunday 9am-2pm at 
D Division, Pentridge Prison, 13 Urquhart Street, Coburg, VIC.


Wild Timor Coffee Co.
46 Jesica Road
​Campbellfield, VIC  3061

1 comment:

  1. To be welcomed into her home and her world, even though it was only for a moment, is something I will carry with me. I’m grateful for being able to observe her because I think it will help me think more critically about the choices I make and my consumption because my choices have very tangible effects for people like her.small business opportunities in Calgary

    ReplyDelete